Sunday, January 19, 2014

Vegan, Raw Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie


So, like I said, I've been eating a mainly vegan diet lately.
Well, I really thought this meant I would have to kiss desserts (ones that actually tasted good anyway) goodbye...NOPE!
Now, I've had some raw desserts and I've had some vegan desserts and both kinds tasted...
ya know...like dirt, mostly. 
BUT THIS, this dessert blew my socks off!





 Looks like a pond of chocolatey goodness.

*This is a totally raw dessert, so no oven needed. Just a little microwaving action*



Crust Ingredients: 
2 Cups Almond Flour
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (melted)
2 Tbsp. Agave

Mix all of these ingredients together and press into a greased, spring-form pan.

(I used coconut oil to grease the pan)
Make sure to smooth the crust out so the filling is nice and even then pop that into the fridge until you are ready for it.




Peanut Butter Filling Ingredients:
I Cup Nut Butter (I used organic peanut butter)
1 Tbsp. Agave
1 T. Vanilla
1 T. Salt

Mix all of these together in a small bowl and microwave for 1 minute or until runny-ish.
Pour peanut butter mixture over cooled crust and place it back into the fridge.

Chocolate Topping Ingredients:
2 Cups Vegan Choc. Chips(melted)
1 Cup Almond Milk
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil(melted)
2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
1 T. Salt


Mix all of the chocolate ingredients together and pour over the cooled crust and peanut butter filling. Sprinkle some chopped peanuts on top and place it in the fridge until set. 

(this took about an hour for me)

After the pie has set up, remove the rim of the spring form pan off and cut the pie into slices.
Serve it alone or with a giant glass of chocolate almond milk!
Vegans unite and enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment